If you run a business, you probably have a letterhead, or at least a letterhead design. (And if you don’t, we won’t judge. But you should get on that!) For in case we’re not on the same page, a letterhead is the heading at the top of a sheet of letter paper (stationery). However, did you know that letterheads are required to record certain information about your business in terms of South African Law?
Yep – most people think it’s just a fancy bit of information to seem important at the top of their letters. But boy, were they wrong. You could land knee deep in trouble with the law if your business stationery isn’t up to scratch, and that’s why we’ve compiled a quick list for you.
Here are the 5 things your letterhead design SHOULD DEFINITELY include.
- Your company’s name, title or description under which the business is operating.
- The company’s primary location (place of business AND registered address if these differ).
- The company registration number and place of registration.
- It is no longer necessary to list the directors on the letterhead. But if you do decide to list a director, you need to name all of them.
- This will provide the recipient the company’s essential information at a glance.
Anything else I need to know?
Now that we’ve got that covered, there is other information that you should probably include. This information has nothing to do with the law, but everything to do with common sense.
- Include your business’ South African telephone number and email address, so people can reach you.
- A company slogan never hurt anyone! Be sure to include a strong, short slogan so that people know right away what your business is all about.
- Logo, logo, logo. There is nothing more boring than a letterhead with no visual presence. Be sure to include your company logo and any other visual elements that are crucial to the company’s brand guidelines. (Pssst! Not sure what brand quidelines are? Read more here!)
Although the use of snail mail is dwindling, a letterhead remains a key factor in your company’s overall brand impression. Remember that the letterhead should be in line with your company’s brand guidelines for consistency and brand recognition. Ultimately, a company’s letterhead should be designed to represent the image that the company wishes to portray and be consistent with the company’s other branding and design.
Need help with your letterhead design?
In a bind with your letterhead design? We can help with that. Printulu has a highly qualified graphic design team that can design your products for you in no time!
Check out our letterhead product here, and remember to select the design service you require before placing your order. Our designer will get back to you within two business days with your design revision after you’ve submitted your brief.
Have any questions for us? Drop them in the comment section below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our friendly Customer Care agents will get back to you ASAP.
Glad you clicked on this article? Get more important updates and informative tidbits by subscribing to our newsletter. You could SCORE on our crazy deals and be the first to know of any limited offers we’re running.
- Our New Design Process – And How To Use It
- Top 5 Best Free Design Software of 2019
- Design manuals – The crucial branding tool you didn’t know about.
- Top design websites for non-designers
- How to Write an Effective Design Brief
- Why Graphic Design is Useless! (Revealed)